The world is moving at a fast pace with the demand for quick and fast services increasing every day. People are busy and on the go 24/7. They expect businesses to give them quick and high-quality service without wasting their time. They are even willing to pay a higher price for a speedy and efficient service.
One way that businesses can make things easier for customers is to bring the card machine to them instead of asking them to stand in a queue to pay the cashier. Such a card terminal is called a wireless card machine.
How does a wireless card machine work?
There are two types of wireless card machines that can be taken directly to the customer: a portable card machine and a mobile card machine.
Let’s discuss how each works.
A Portable Card Machine: A portable card machine is also known as a WiFi/Bluetooth terminal. As the name suggests, this terminal uses Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to connect to the internet and process transactions. This card machine reads the customer’s card details; it connects to the card-issuing bank to see if there are sufficient funds to process the transaction. Once the payment is authorized, the customer must be offered a printed receipt.
A Mobile Card Machine: A mobile card machine is also known as a GPRS/3G/4G terminal. The name speaks for itself. This device uses mobile data to connect to the internet and process transactions. Similar to a portable card machine, it links to the card-issuing bank to check if there is enough money to get the payment through. Once the transaction is approved, the customer should be offered a printed receipt
Which businesses use wireless card machines?
Wireless terminals work best for businesses that are bustling with people and need the payment process to be completed as soon as possible to allow for new customers to be catered to.
Some businesses that could benefit from the use of wireless card machines are mentioned below:
- Beauty Salons / Barber shops
- Restaurants, bars and pubs
- Movie theatres
- Shops, supermarkets
- Events/ Concerts, etc.
What are the benefits of using a wireless card machine?
Wireless card machines can bring multiple benefits to your business:
- Customer Convenience: Allow your customer to pay from the comfort of their ‘chair’. Bring the card machine to them rather than the other way round.
- Movable: Wireless card terminals are compact, light-weight and easy to handle allowing them to be moved about easily to accept payments from customers.
- Quick Set-up: Wireless terminals are pretty quick and easy to set-up. All you need is a card terminal and a WiFi or data connection, and voila, your card machine is ready to accept payments.
- Flexible payment methods: The latest wireless SMART terminals accept various cashless payment methods including chip & pin, contactless, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Security: Payments made through wireless terminals are secure. Security measures and fraud detection checks ensure that a wireless transaction is processed without compromising the customer’s information.
- Strong Battery: Wireless terminals come with long-lasting batteries without any need for charging for long hours.
- Queue-Busting and Improved Turnover Times: Since customers can pay from the comfort of their ‘chair’, there are no long queues of people waiting to pay the cashier.
- Improved Storefront and Environment: With no huge crowds of people waiting to see the cashier, the front of the premises is usually more spacious and creates an ideal environment for new customers to enter and make a purchase; it might even make the customers feel more welcome.
- Enhanced customer experience: With reduced crowds and improved turnover time, the staff are spared from working on mundane operational tasks; they can instead focus on enriching the customer’s experience in every way possible.
Why Choose CutPay’s Wireless Card Machines?
CutPay offers a range of wireless terminals with various price ranges to cater to all customers. We offer card machines from leading terminal providers of the UK including Ingenico, PAX, and Verifone.
Our wireless card machines come with the following benefits:
- 50% cost savings
- Lowest rates guaranteed
- Same/Next day funding
- Apple Pay & Google Pay
- Damaged Machine will be replaced if irreparable
- PCI Compliance ensuring security
With the best service at the lowest rates, CutPay’s wireless terminals are the best offering in the UK market. So what are you waiting for?